This position will provide support for problem resolution and moves/adds/changes to various data and converged network technologies including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN devices, wireless LAN, and IP-Telephony systems.
- Configuration of network equipment
- Capacity and performance management
- Network trouble analysis and repair
- Network upgrades and enhancements
- Preventative maintenance routines
- Identify and analyze the root causes of performance breakdowns and recommend solutions
- Proactive network performance analysis and repair required to eliminate the root causes of network failures
- Pursue network availability through continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of key network hardware and associated software for a variety of data and converged network technologies including Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, VPN devices, wireless LAN, and IP-Telephony
- Good knowledge of QoS configuration and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience in design and management of data networking systems
- Proficient knowledge with firewalls and VPN systems, authentication systems, encryption technologies, and security tools
- Extensive knowledge of LAN configurations & trouble shooting techniques.
Required Skills & Abilities
Architecture, planning & design, implementation, problem resolution, maintenance, and upgrades to data network equipment and network infrastructure
Management, administration, and accountability for network security.
Candidate is required to interface directly with the client to review (sometimes including take ownership and/or explain) major outages and trends, and assist in the development of action plans to eliminate future risk. On occasion candidate needs to be onsite to provide knowledge and professional consultation to the customer and their vendors. Deliver customized network management specific to customer requirements. Some project management for LAN/WAN solutions, from design to implementation, may be required.
Individuals need to be self motivated and accountable for ensuring service levels are achieved / exceeded as per contractual obligations. Candidates must be able to work independently, extended hours / over time, and after hours 7X24 on-call on a rotation basis.
There is an extreme sense of ownership and accountability for the customer’s network. Candidates should possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and must operate efficiently and effectively in a very interactive team environment.
Required Professional Designations/Certifications
- Post secondary degree in telecommunications or computer science with added professional training
- Advanced professional certifications such as CCNP and CCIE are desirable
- Extensive experience (minimum 6 years) of LAN and WAN technical support.
Please e-mail your coverletter and resume to email@example.com (sub: “Network Analyst”), mentioning details of relevant work experience and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.