Great people are the heart of our company. There is always something new to work on at Pathway. You will never be doing the same thing for too long. New opportunities and challenges are always around the corner. Join us for a challenging career with room for growth in technology, sales, support and more.
See our openings
Technology, Operations & Engineering
Sales & Marketing
We keep the start-up atmosphere alive, with managers and team members working closely together to innovate on every level. We’re about building a strong family — a family that helps and supports other employees in times of need and with moving forward in their careers.
Building a strong team involves openness, diversity, skill and the right attitude. Skill and customer focus, with a bit of experience thrown in, are what we’re looking for.
Some of the best ideas come from newcomers, especially new graduates, who help us learn and raise our business to new heights. It’s all about empowering our team and bringing fresh approaches to the table to meet ever changing market demands.
Why join Pathway?
Build your career and have fun
Enjoy a competitive salary, health benefits, and employee recognition. Park for free and feel at home in our roomy office.
Just starting out? Get every opportunity to explore your career and move up the ranks.
Join the Pathway family to see what it’s like to work with people who care about each other’s well-being and happiness.
Learn the ropes
Train with the best and get access to the newest and most awesome technology in the industry.
Working at Pathway is more than just the weekly grind
- Birthday celebrations
- Work anniversaries
- Halloween costume party
- Christmas party
- Bring your kids to work day
- Ping pong & other activities
- Summer picnics
- Corporate events
- Corporate lunches
- Fresh coffee and tea
- Annual employee recognition
- Fun team building activities
- Fun themed dress codes
- Casual Fridays
Technology and Operations
Pathway has been a pioneer in the IT Services business, since starting out as one of the first ISPs in Canada in the 1990s. We are now a leading Canadian technology management firm with truly global reach. Our clients rely on us as their single source for high quality IT solutions – from managed services and hybrid cloud services to service desks, telephony and security services. We were the first company in Canada to construct a Tier III certified data center and have a complete set of certifications including SOC 2 Type II, PCI, ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 27001. Pathway employs over 150 trained and qualified staff across three continents and continues to grow rapidly.
The Associate Telephony Engineer tests, maintains, monitors and trouble-shoots telephony components to provide a robust voice communications platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Install, maintain, and upgrade VOIP telecommunications networks, including but not limited to, telephony servers and phone handsets, and applications and other systems as appropriate.
- Handle routine tasks relating to Telephony operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Maintain, diagnose and troubleshoot telephony systems issues as dispatched by the Support/Supervisor and appropriately document and close linked call, in a timely manner, in the company’s internal ERP software
- Maintain and troubleshoot internal as well as a client PBXs in a large VoIP environment.
- Establish, as requested, and maintain documents related to internal/customer environments and other technical/procedural documentation.
- Maintain customer’s inventory of technological devices and document appropriately.
- Work with outside vendors as needed on a per customer basis.
- Maintain telephony server backup to customers.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing support of projects that include new locations or deploying new technologies across the network.
- Assist in the maintenance of technical and procedural documentation
- Execution of moves, adds and changes and end-user support.
- Participate on regular on-call rotation.
- Coordinate with the Help Desk to respond to questions and participate in evaluation and selection of new software and hardware.
- Work after hours and weekends as required by the business
- Respond to emergency calls/pages/emails in a timely fashion even after hours.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science with telecommunications and/or IT experience and/or a minimum of 5 years serving a high level capacity of client telecommunication services (or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of a telecom network infrastructure (i.e., local & long-distance telco’s, telco products, TFN’s, QoS, Routing etc.).
- 3-5 years’ experience in software/hardware voice equipment administration.
Other Required Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of IP voice communications systems including VOIP telephony, SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) trunking, PRI (Primary Rate Interface), and Analog lines etc.
- Working knowledge of a telecom network infrastructure (i.e., local & long-distance telco’s, telco products, TFN’s, QoS, Routing etc.)
- Basic to Intermediate understanding and experience with Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Server 2012 & 2012R2, Microsoft Windows OS (7, 8, 10) and Unix/Linux systems
- Exposure to Layer 3 Transport and Networking Concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Experience with moves, adds and changes on any unified communications platform (Cisco, MiTel, Avaya etc.)
- Experienced in Mitel MiVoice Connect (Shoretel), MiVoice Business experience and/or certifications, or similar other manufacturers (Avaya, Cisco, FreePBX etc.)
- Session Border Controller experience for VOIP interconnection.
- Billing and CDR (Call Detail Record) knowledge.
- Experience in collecting data, planning, setting, installing and training users on VoIP PBX installing and migrations.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot with creative problem-solving skills.
Apply for this positionREQUIRED*
Sales and Marketing
- Work with the sales and technical teams to craft compelling responses to complex RFPs for Managed IT Services such as cloud, data centre, network operations, security and technical support
- Develop, write and edit user-friendly IT documentation including IT policies, procedures, protocols, guides, and manuals
- Translate complex technical concepts into concise, accurate, and easy-to-understand documentation for a wide-range of audiences.
- Proofread, edit and update material such as technical manuals, how-to guides, user FAQs, and other content. Use appropriate graphics, charts and visuals in written materials.
- Edit and publish promotional material, including white papers and proposals, to support IT services.
- Excellent technical writing skills and a proven track record in successful technical writing
- Excellent understanding of IT terminology, concepts and systems
- Ability to grasp, use and explain new technical concepts related to IT systems, infrastructure and applications
- At least five years’ prior work experience creating
- Highly persuasive technical proposals and RFP responses
- Technical documentation such as IT policies, procedures, protocols, usage guides, and manuals
- Experience writing cybersecurity proposals and responding to cybersecurity RFPs will be a distinct advantage
- Attention to detail; outstanding editing and communication skills
- Degree or related education in a field such as Computer Science, IT, networking