Great people are the heart of our company. There is always something new to work on at Pathway. You will never be doing the same thing for too long. New opportunities and challenges are always around the corner. Join us for a challenging career with room for growth in technology, sales, support and more.
We keep the start-up atmosphere alive, with managers and team members working closely together to innovate on every level. We’re about building a strong family — a family that helps and supports other employees in times of need and with moving forward in their careers.
Building a strong team involves openness, diversity, skill and the right attitude. Skill and customer focus, with a bit of experience thrown in, are what we’re looking for.
Some of the best ideas come from newcomers, especially new graduates, who help us learn and raise our business to new heights. It’s all about empowering our team and bringing fresh approaches to the table to meet ever changing market demands.
Why join Pathway?
Build your career and have fun
Enjoy a competitive salary, health benefits, and employee recognition. Park for free and feel at home in our roomy office.
Just starting out? Get every opportunity to explore your career and move up the ranks.
Join the Pathway family to see what it’s like to work with people who care about each other’s well-being and happiness.
Learn the ropes
Train with the best and get access to the newest and most awesome technology in the industry.
Working at Pathway is more than just the weekly grind
- Birthday celebrations
- Work anniversaries
- Halloween costume party
- Christmas party
- Bring your kids to work day
- Ping pong & other activities
- Summer picnics
- Corporate events
- Corporate lunches
- Fresh coffee and tea
- Annual employee recognition
- Fun team building activities
- Fun themed dress codes
- Casual Fridays
Technology and Operations
IT Technical & Network Support Specialist
Fast track your career with Pathway Communications
Do you have a passion for Technology? Do you want to help solve problems while making people happy? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We’re looking for an IT Technical & Network Support Specialist
If you answered YES to all three AND you have superior English communication skills, keep reading.
We’re looking for proactive individuals who can think on their feet, show initiative while providing superior customer and technical support to multiple clients.
In this full-time position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing first-line hardware, software and network support including identification,
documentation, investigation and diagnosis, escalation, resolution and follow-up to ensure service levels are maintained for products and services provided to clients and internal personnel. In addition; the Technical & Network Specialist will responsible for following up with clients on a regular basis while ensuring timely feedback to the user on the status of incident resolution and escalating to support teams where required.
The role is based in Markham in a 24/7 contact center environment with the requirement of a flexible schedule, including overnights and weekends – on a rotational basis. This role also requires CPIC clearance which will be completed for successful candidates.
- Respond to inbound requests or issues reported via phone, email, chat and ticketing system customer portal, with a focus on quality and first call resolution, to deliver fast and efficient service assisting multiple clients with the following types of issues: Hardware including printers/fax servers, Software and application support, Wi-Fi®, Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint 4G wireless network connectivity
- Perform managed server support related tasks when required such as, server event log analysis, anti-virus patching, compliance and monitoring, maintain server patches
- Assign issues that cannot be resolved remotely to on-site technicians as per process
- Document and maintain all incident records clearly, concisely and effectively in the client ITSM
- Adhere to Service Level Metrics in day-to-day tasks and focus on continual improvement by reviewing quality and training feedback and participate in on-going learning objectives
- Demonstrate a high-level of customer service excellence and positive attitude with a goal of customer satisfaction and issue resolution
Skills & Experience
- 3 years’ or more previous experience in a managed service type of technical support in a contact center environment
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with Windows platforms, MS Office on different versions and other common desktop/laptop software such as browsers, VPN, etc.
- Experience installing & supporting Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Print & Fax Servers
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting wireless concepts including: IP networking/routing, WLANS & VLANS, SNMP & Radius, Routers, Switches, Network Monitoring and Health Assessment
- Experience with Ticketing Systems (ITSM); Heat/Remedy/Livetime
- Ability to talk & type in English with excellent spoken and written English
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in Computer Technology, Networking & Support
- Certifications: MCSE, MCSA as well as CCNP or CCNA(With Routing and Switching), Network+ are a bonus
About the Pathway Group
Pathway has been a pioneer in the IT Services business, since starting out as one of the first ISPs in Canada in the 1990s. We are now a leading Canadian technology management firm with truly global reach. Our clients rely on us as their single source for high quality IT solutions – from managed services and hybrid cloud services to service desks, telephony and security services. We were the first company in Canada to construct a Tier III certified data center and have a complete set of certifications including SOC 2 Type II, PCI, ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 27001. Pathway employs over 150 trained and qualified staff across three continents and continues to grow rapidly.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to hrdept @ pathcom.com (sub: “IT Technical & Network Support Specialist”), with details of relevant work experience and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position.
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are not accepting calls from Recruiters at this time.
The Pathway Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal treatment with respect to employment without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, colour or ethnic origin as required by the Ontario Human Rights Code. If accommodation is required, please email hrdept @ pathcom.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that this document is intended to provide an overview of job accountabilities and does not necessarily list all tasks related to the job.
This position might also be listed as a call center technician, tech support, technical engineer, technical customer service representative, helpdesk tech, helpdesk engineer, help desk technician, IT tech, networking call tech, IT service desk technician, or similar titles. All such titles apply.
Service Desk Agent
Fast track your career with Pathway Communications
We’re looking for proactive individuals who can think on their feet, show initiative while providing superior customer service. In this full-time position you will be responsible for providing first-line hardware and software support including identification, documentation, investigation and diagnosis, escalation, resolution and follow-up to ensure service levels are maintained for products and services provided to clients and internal personnel. In addition; you will responsible for following up with clients on a regular basis while ensuring timely feedback to the user on the status of incident resolution and escalating to support teams where required.
We’re looking for a Service Desk Agent
You will be working in a call centre environment; and expected to provide fast, efficient and excellent customer service. This position requires CPIC clearance and strict adherence to FIPPA and PHIPA.
- Answer Inbound calls, Respond to Emails and Create Tickets in Remedy
- Provide timely and proficient first-level technical support for our client’s products and services in accordance with established operating procedures
- Diagnose and troubleshoot incidents, resolve where possible and assign or escalate to appropriate groups or individuals
- Provide assistance and advice to clients, users and subscribers in the implementation and use of products and services in line with existing policies and procedures
- Record, monitor, maintain and close incident and service request tickets ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the information captured
- Ensure timely follow-up on outstanding tickets, escalations issues through departmental procedures when required
- Meet or exceed all Client’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) by adhering to individual and team productivity and quality standards
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Superior oral, written and listening communication skills in English
- Ability to prioritize and control workload
- Ability to Talk AND Type while on calls
- Strong active listening, comprehension and articulation skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent coordination and administration skills
- Discretion with regards to security and confidentiality of information
- Minimum successful completion of College Diploma or minimum equivalent working experience in related discipline
- Basic Networking knowledge (i.e. Map network drives, IP Address)
- Experience supporting LAN’s, VPN, Network Printer/Scanner
- Basic Desktop/Laptop PC troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge in Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledgeable with MS Office Suite – Exchange/Outlook
- Knowledgeable with Windows 7 OS and Multiple Browsers (i.e. IE/Chrome/Firefox/Safari)
- Good typing skills (at least 35-40wpm)
- French language communication skills would be an asset
- Minimum 1 year proven work experience in an IT Service Desk or Call Centre
- Proficiency with Ticketing Systems; Remedy preferred
- Must be able to work variable rotating shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays providing a 24×7 first-line support service to customers.
Pathway Communications is a leading Canadian company offering full-spectrum, managed technology services to businesses across Canada and the United States. Our services portfolio includes managed business connectivity, server colocation, cloud computing, telephony and outsourced IT services.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (sub: “Service Desk Agent”), with details of relevant work experience and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.