Great people are the heart of our company. There is always something new to work on at Pathway. You will never be doing the same thing for too long. New opportunities and challenges are always around the corner. Join us for a challenging career with room for growth in technology, sales, support and more.
We keep the start-up atmosphere alive, with managers and team members working closely together to innovate on every level. We’re about building a strong family — a family that helps and supports other employees in times of need and with moving forward in their careers.
Building a strong team involves openness, diversity, skill and the right attitude. Skill and customer focus, with a bit of experience thrown in, are what we’re looking for.
Some of the best ideas come from newcomers, especially new graduates, who help us learn and raise our business to new heights. It’s all about empowering our team and bringing fresh approaches to the table to meet ever changing market demands.
Why join Pathway?
Build your career and have fun
Enjoy a competitive salary, health benefits, and employee recognition. Park for free and feel at home in our roomy office.
Just starting out? Get every opportunity to explore your career and move up the ranks.
Join the Pathway family to see what it’s like to work with people who care about each other’s well-being and happiness.
Learn the ropes
Train with the best and get access to the newest and most awesome technology in the industry.
Working at Pathway is more than just the weekly grind
- Birthday celebrations
- Work anniversaries
- Halloween costume party
- Christmas party
- Bring your kids to work day
- Ping pong & other activities
- Summer picnics
- Corporate events
- Corporate lunches
- Fresh coffee and tea
- Annual employee recognition
- Fun team building activities
- Fun themed dress codes
- Casual Fridays
Technology and Operations
Senior Wintel Engineer
FAST-TRACK YOUR CAREER WITH PATHWAY COMMUNICATIONS
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR WINTEL ENGINEER
Pathway Group of Companies is a leading Canadian IT company offering full-spectrum, technology services to businesses across Canada and the United States. Our portfolio includes managed business connectivity, server colocation, cloud computing, telephony and outsourced IT and application management services.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about technology, professional, courteous and pragmatic.
If this is you; you’ll also have a strong Active Directory, Exchange, System Management, Technology and Operations background. You will be responsible for navigating the enterprise-wide effort of transformation and virtualization of proprietary cloud infrastructure as part of our Cloud and Virtualization strategy through cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices. You will be able to architect, deploy and maintain high-availability, fault-tolerant Microsoft solutions within our client’s datacenter.
Reporting to the client’s IT Director and maintaining a dotted-line relationship with our NOC Director, this role is based out of our client’s location in Markham. You will be expected to provide strategic leadership and direction for the Support Team in addition to working closely with your colleagues in Technical Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define metrics and KPIs for future infrastructure management and planning.
- Plan, define, develop, deliver, maintain, and manage Operations policies, procedures, resources, and project commitments.
- Ensure all procedures are documented and communicated within SLA while ensuring adherence to SOP.
- Architect and deploy Microsoft-based systems that meet the stringent performance and availability requirements of the client’s infrastructure.
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance, high-availability AD, Exchange, DNS, ADFS on premise as well as manage/integrate 3rd Party virtual private cloud environments and provide a seamless application experience.
- Serve as an Exchange and active directory evangelist and implement scalability and performance maturity model for Enterprise Platforms.
- WManage configuration and provision of enterprise applications from scratch or from existing templates, their load balancing, fault-tolerance and implement tools and technologies for normalized management and instrumentation of compute, network and storage resources.
- Administer & managing webhosting on windows platform.
- Can play a hands-on architect role and should be able to display management and leadership qualities for the rollout of best-practices, and policies & procedures.
- Collaborate with other operational support divisions and in managing the cost structure and estimation to derive the best implementation strategies.
- Support high visibility projects concurrently in a rapid application development environment and must be able to adapt to fast changing priorities.
- Manage and support multiple concurrent and auto-scalable Production & Test environments, system upgrades, cloning procedures, and their performance tuning.
- Serve as escalation point for technical issues and provide supervision to prevent, detect, identify, and resolve incidents.
- Serve as a mentor and develop effective training programs for the support team members.
- Should be highly motivated, self-driven and be able to contribute individually in addition to providing team leadership.
- Establish and manage communication channels within and among departments—being the liaison to provide customer feedback to the Senior Management Team.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and be available for support as needed during non-business hours.
- BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE
- Microsoft Certifications, [Optional VMware certifications/Azure certifications]
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies I.e. AD, Exchange, SQL, VMWare & SharePoint
- Experience Microsoft Office 365/ SharePoint
- Experience in working with Microsoft Exchange on premise/Exchange Hybrid/Exchange Online
- Experience in working with Windows web hosting
- Experience working with storage technologies SAN/NAS
- Experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell/VBScript
- Have familiarity with Application Servers
- Experience in Antivirus software for both Servers/Workstations
- Experience in Backup software (Veeam/Acronis)
- Familiarity in network and security architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Have a passion for learning and using new technologies
- Must be having good team spirit.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including, mentoring, presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all technical levels
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of customers at all levels in area of specialty and communicate these requirements to technical staff
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com (sub: “Senior Wintel Engineer”). Please provide details of relevant education, training, work experience, expected compensation and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position. Also indicate, in your cover letter, where you found this position.
The Pathway Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal treatment with respect to employment without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, colour or ethnic origin as required by the Ontario Human Rights Code. If accommodation is required, please email Hrdept @ pathcom.com.
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are not accepting calls from Recruiters at this time.