MY SMART OFFICE
A NEW, FREE SERVICE FOR PATHWAY INTERNET CLIENTS
MySmartOffice offers your organization critical tools to help you reduce costs, increase security and improve productivity. Remotely access, monitor and manage your infrastructure from the secure MySmartOffice administration portal. Receive automated alerts, conduct regular audits and access insightful reports.
You will find these capabilities invaluable. And, importantly, they are free for all Pathway Business Internet clients.
This is a self-service application. Pathway does not access or control your internal or private systems at any time.
Pathway Fibre Internet clients: 25 free seats
Pathway DSL Service clients: 5 free seats
Additional seats: $7.00 per month
With MySmartOffice you have the ability to monitor servers and desktops 24/7 and to take action before events become critical. Here is a small sample of what you can do with MySmartOffice:
- Asset inventory
- Infrastructure audits
- Operating system versions
- Software license summaries
- Remote Management
- Real Time Monitoring
- Patch state and roll-out
- IT Policy Management
Your IT Administrators receive automated alerts and reports. They can access and control any machine remotely similar to RDP. Download a sample of the report you will receive each month.
MySmartOffice automates common, but important, administrative tasks and provides detailed reports summarizing the state of all machines on which MySmartOffice has been installed. Here are some benefits:
- Reduce downtime – obtain alerts before issues occur
- Increase vigilance – receive comprehensive reports on the state of your infrastructure
- Increase security – apply and manage desktop IT and security policies
- Increase productivity – automate routine IT tasks
- Improve service – seamlessly access and control remote machines.
- Reduce costs – maximize resource utilization on your networks
HOW TO ENROLL
Enrollment is quick and easy. Our goal is to set up your account within 1 business day of receiving your request. Here’s how:
- Complete the online form at bottom of this page
- Our Provisioning Team will verify your contact and account details, to ensure your security and will then set up your account.
- We will then send you an email with your portal login credentials and a personalized MySmartOffice Welcome Kit.
HELP WITH INSTALLATION; ONGOING SUPPORT
The MySmartOffice Welcome Kit provides clear set up instructions. Most system/IT administrators will not need installation assistance. If you require help with initial installation, whether on servers or desktops, we will be pleased to offer this to you for a limited time. Thereafter, technical and engineering support is available to all Pathway clients at preferred rates.
Pathway offers low-cost, monthly support packages to help you with technical issues relating to your IT infrastructure. Packages of remote and/or on-site monthly support hours are available. Call our sales department at 416-214-6363 and select option 1 from the main menu to speak with one of our Sales Engineers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can the installed software compromise security on the server or desktop?
MySmartOffice uses software developed by Kaseya – http://www.kaseya.com/about-us – a company well known for its managed service software, with whom Pathway has had a relationship for over 15 years. The MySmartOffice management portal is hosted in our Tier III and ISO 270001 certified data centre. We, at Pathway, use the software ourselves – internally, and for our managed service clients in the finance, healthcare, education, manufacturing, retail and hospitality industries. The software is used by thousands of companies around the world. So far, we are not aware of a single issue where the application has caused security to be compromised.
Does Pathway have access to my computers?
Pathway Engineers do have access to the MySmartOffice Client Portal and to the machines managed by you. This is analogous to how service providers have access to your data which sits in the cloud or on their servers. Our privacy policies strictly prohibit any staff from accessing your machines or any of your internal reports without a specific, written request from you.
Who can see my reports?
No one but you has access to your portal and to your reports. Your automated reports (sent as PDF documents) are emailed to all technical contacts on your account once a month.
What are the system requirements to run the software?
System requirements are minimal:
- 333 MHz Pentium-class CPU or greater
- 128 MB of RAM
- 70 MB of free disk space (varies depending on use of optional modules)
- Network interface card (NIC) or modem
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7,8, 8.1, 10
- SuSE Linux Enterprise 10 and 11, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, 12.04 LTS, and the two most recent non-Long Term Support versions, OpenSuSE 12, CentOS 5 and 6.
- Single Outbound TCP/IP Port for remote management
Can I use this on desktops?
Certainly. MySmartOffice will provide immediate and significant benefits to your organization, whether you use it on servers or desktops. With the limited number of initial free seats you may wish to install the powerful software on your critical infrastructure servers which need to be managed. Additional seats are available at a preferred rate of $7.00 per seat per month.
Can I host MySmartOffice locally?
No, MySmartOffice is a cloud-based solution hosted in Pathway’s secure Tier III facility. It is offered as a Software as a Service product only.
Activate MySmartOffice for your Business today!
Pathway will not access your systems at any time