Private cloud hosting services offer extraordinary benefits. But they require time, expertise, and experience to set up properly. Pathway’s CloudPath uses a secure, world-class Tier III, SOC 2 compliant, and ISO 27001 certified data center to protect your data. Our cloud computing services free you up from the effort and risk involved in setting up, managing, and maintaining your critical cloud computing systems.
CloudPath uses the industry’s leading commercial cloud computing platform: The VMWare suite of products. This is the same provider-grade software platform used by Fortune 500 companies and by over 90% of other firms worldwide. We help you design, set up, and manage your cloud computing infrastructure – from servers and network to security, management and backups. This allows you to concentrate on the other important aspects of running your business.
4 Types of Cloud computing services
There are 4 main types of cloud computing services available for businesses. They are:
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Software as a Service
- Functions as a Service
They are broken down as follows:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is considered the lower end of managed cloud computing services. The hardware services are provided by an external entity that manages the cloud computing services for you.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) is just an advanced version of IaaS cloud computing services. It provides the infrastructure and includes the computing platform as a service. PaaS usually consists of:
- Hosting solutions
- Software tools for design and development
- And much more
- Software as a Service (Saas) is a cloud computing service that incorporates the services from IaaS and PaaS. It is a cloud computing service provider that provides services to businesses that need business analytics, CRM, or marketing automation services. These services are application-level and customized to meet the many unique needs of a business.
- Functions as a Service (FaaS) is a cloud computing service provider that is often called serverless computing. Basically, FaaS is a cloud computing model that removes low-level infrastructure decisions and server management. The cloud service provider handles allocation of resources, as well. FaaS is new to the cloud hosting service providers market, but it is acting as a game-changer for many businesses. FaaS allows software developers to develop applications and a multitude of things without maintaining a server. Developers no longer need to consider server operations because they are hosted elsewhere.
Pathway uses CloudPath cloud computing services to provide scalability and flexibility to your business. Our cloud computing solutions include providing 4 types of cloud computing services: Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service, Software as a Service, and Functions as a Service. Contact Pathway Communications for a quote today!